Key Account Director - Eastern Canada
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: Canada, CA-ON, Toronto
Hotel: Remote Canada
Job number: AMER00399
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
The Key Account Director is primarily responsible for an account portfolio to maximize and drive revenues and market share to IHG brands. Key to this role is creating, evolving and driving relationships and networks with the accounts in their portfolio and to assess and evolve strategies as necessary to increase conversion and revenues.
The Key Account Director assists the Director of Regional Sales in animating and developing the sales teams. This role requires the building of a working culture to support the IHG Winning Ways of Doing the Right Thing, Show We Care, Aim Higher, Celebrate Difference and Work Better Together.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and develop portfolio of accounts to maximize market share and revenues;
- Assess accounts and their opportunities, as a result create account plans as per the IHG template and execute strategies and tactics to drive revenue and market share
- Network within the accounts to find those key decision makers, their support staff and other relationship opportunities
- Conduct or participate in client meetings as well as plan and coordinate familiarization tours and site inspections
- Handle and manage clients’ queries or issues
- Gather information on current and prospective clients / contacts to generate incremental business
- Conduct or participate in prospective clients’ interviews
- Keep an accurate record of all sales calls made for future reference and control purposes in the sales system
- Ensure accurate Account Profiles and Account planning are undertaken at least annually with such templates completed and posted to appropriate communication channels and sales systems, i.e. complete annual SSRP’s as set out by InterContinental Hotels & Resorts regional sales policy
- Work with the appropriate Hotels to ensure clear communication of expectations and goals. For each account as appropriate develop a network of support at key hotels ensuring close working relationships with hotel management and sales staff
- Ensure accurate and timely updating of the provided Sales System (i.e. Delphi)
- Ensure tracking of all relevant activities
- Update Account and Contact profiles, attach Account plans, ensure ‘live’ information for action
- Use both account interaction and publicly available tools to monitor competitors' activities as it relates to both IHG and the portfolio of accounts and share relevant information with key stakeholders in line with the IHG counsel
- Other duties and responsibilities
- Negotiate and complete RFP’s and tenders
- Maintain effective control of sales expenses
- Attends meetings as required
- Exercises flexibility to perform other duties as required
- Assist with familiarizations and entertaining as required
- Act as a resource for all on property hotel staff
- Provides feedback to management on changing market conditions, including trends in competition.
- Be proactive and responsible for the follow up on new sales leads
- Include hotel General Managers and sales staff where appropriate on sales call
- Develop a thorough understanding of all processes and systems utilized by Property/Cluster/National Sales, as directed by the Regional Director of Sales, to include but not restricted to IHG Javelin (Salesforce), IHG RFP, A360, Tableau reporting etc.
What we need from you
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Marketing, Management, Business, or a relevant field of work, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience preferred
- 6-8 years progressive work-related experience in the service industry with at least 4 years in multi-unit or corporate roles in a hotel setting, as well as demonstrated understanding of technical and business knowledge and understanding of multiple disciplines/processes related to the position
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
- In-depth knowledge of sales principles and techniques.
- Strong client management, problem solving and organization skills.
- Fluent in French (written and spoken)
- Strong knowledge of IHG products, rates and marketing programs.
- Good PC/MS Office skills. Knowledge of Salesforce or PMS systems.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with customers’ senior management.
- Ability to work remotely in various locations and flexible to do business travel.
- Confidence in representing multiple properties and working remote from team members and line manager.
- Display an understanding of market trends and customer needs.
- Competent in allocating resources, controlling expenses and working within pre-determined budgets.
- Establishes goals and objectives, sets performance targets and timely delivery of projects.
- Ability in report writing and strong presentation skills
Direct/Indirect reports – Zero
Key Metrics –
- Sales Goals as set by manager
- Market share, account penetration
- Key Performance Objectives set annually (as per IHG policy)
Decision Rights –
- Business decisions within scope of role
Key Internal Relationships –
- RSC Sales Team & Fulfilment Team
- Regional Sales Team
- Global Account Team
- WorldWide Sales
Key External Relationships –
- Customer base (Not limited to account portfolio)
- Resource tools and memberships such as GBTA, IATA Linked In etc.
- Work is performed in a normal office environment.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.