Head of Sales & Marketing Operations
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate Office
Location: Mainland China, Shanghai, Shanghai
Job number: CORPORATE04602
Job Summary – (Role Summary)
Provides functional direction to hotel sales and marketing staff within assigned area to optimize opportunities through proactive planning and execution of marketing and sales plans and strategies which ultimately stimulate demand for room nights, drive incremental revenues, and stimulate product demand and target 110% market share for brands/hotels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with Vice President Operations, Greater China, General Managers and hotel Directors of Sales & Marketing to review business projections and develop annual marketing/sales plans which support annual area revenue goals and returns to owners, shareholders and franchisees for new and existing hotels.
- Reviews marketing and sales budgets and allocated expenditures to ensure most effective use of funds available to support business objectives.
- Provides direction to Directors of Sales and Marketing team in the development of effective marketing and sales strategies and plans to ensure rate and occupancy objectives are achieved. Keeps abreast of best practices in the region and tailors activities to specific areas/countries.
- Identifies and recommend sales training needs designed to improve the selling and customer service skills of sales staff. Collaborates with Human Resources training and development at the local and regional level in the assessment of operational staff and delivery of specialized training needs.
- Is instrumental in developing and guiding the Product Delivery System to our customer in the hotels.
- Is the brand custodian in the region and is responsible for the representation of all brands in collateral, advertising, promotions and displays. Must ensure that all brand standards and values are maintained at all times, by all stakeholders; Sales & Marketing; the hotels and Franchisees.
- Provide guidelines to Director of Sales & Marketing, Pre-opening for the development of all pre-opening marketing and revenue planning within the region. Develops these plans in a strategic and brand focused manner.
- Works with Vice President Operations, Greater China and the hotel General Managers in the development of advertising and sales promotions and plans, which support the achievement of profitability objectives at the hotel level within the assigned area with the established brand values.
- Works with marketing in the overseeing of product development for customers in order to support and strengthen the brands.
- Provide Global Brand Services support to hotels
- Responsible for National Sales office setup to negotiate preferred agreements with key Corporate and Travel Agencies within the region.
- Work with Market Analysis to provide Competitors information for strategies planning, conduct Customer research and provide market assessment studies for new development and pre-opening hotels.
- Reviews consumer marketing research data and analysis to understand economic and consumer trends within the markets in which we operate and understand competitor practices.
- Assist hotel marketing and sales staff to develop practical sales strategies to identify opportunities to increase rate and occupancy levels.
- Develop marketing programs based upon customer needs.
- Manages the effectiveness of the team through the utilization of their individual strengths and abilities and by supporting their ongoing development and career goals.
- Works closely with division marketing executive on advertising and promotion campaigns across the region, and coordinate area and/or country advertising to support same.
- Ensure effective use of revenue management systems in the region to maximize revenue opportunities in achieving RGI targets.
Your day to day
Required Skills –
- Appreciation of hotel and distribution systems
- Ability to analyze, interpret and extract trends from data
- Display an understanding of the markets
- Demonstrate an affinity with technology
- Establishes goals and objectives and sets performance targets
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Deliver presentations with impact
- Partnership driven
- Can meet deadlines
- Thinks globally
- Creates work environment that:
- Energize, motivate and support employees
- Foster a climate of open communication, trust and respect
- Encourages team behavior
- Effectively communicates with all levels
- A strong leader, who can articulate a vision and translate it to reality
- Creative thinker
- Understands people, people focused
- Strategic and tactical thinker
- Is patient, yet persistent
- Culturally aware and sensitive
- Bachelor degree or equivalent International degree in Marketing, Business or Commerce
- MBA is desirable
- Has attended marketing focused workshops facilitated by industry/tertiary providers.
Requires individual with:
- International strategic marketing experience
- Hotel General Manager background
- Experience in Marketing, Hotel and Brands at a regional level, in a multi unit marketing role
- Experience with multi-brand entity
- Geographical/international experience
- Experience in launching and marketing brands in multi national markets