Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, AE-FU, Fujairah
Hotel: InterContinental - Fujairah Resort (FJRAE)
Job number: EMEAA07138
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambiance where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
Your day to day
Food and Beverage is what adds flavors to a stay! Guests love to enjoy delicious, freshly-prepared and beautifully presented food. To deliver a great guest experience – A Restaurant Server will serve food and beverages in a timely manner, helping guests to have memorable experiences whenever and wherever they dine. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Greet and welcome all guests and take beverage and food orders in a prompt and professional manner
- Prepare food and beverages for service to guests and present food according to established health and presentation standards
- Clear and clean tables in a prompt and efficient manner. Clean and/or wipe down tables, chairs, walls, windows, mirrors, and floors as necessary
- Perform department/outlet opening or closing duties as required. Ensure that wait staff stations are clean and maintained throughout shift
- Take action to solve guest problems/complaints and use established guidelines for any service recovery to ensure guest satisfaction
- Follow hotel safety protocols and procedures at all times. Immediately report any safety/service incident to the Supervisor or Manager on duty
- May receive guest payments and process transactions as outlined in the cash and charge procedures as needed
What we need from you
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills
- Knowledge of restaurant service and international cuisine
- Experience in Five Star Hotel / similar environment for at least 1 year
- Being passionate about people and service
- Excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a housing, transportation, recreation facilities, uniform, great room discount and superb training, etc.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.