At Hotel Indigo, we welcome all guests into our neighborhood and share our love for the place we call home. We inspire them to explore and discover different perspectives, so everyone one of them can create new stories of their own.
Hotel Indigo is a boutique lifestyle brand that is truly inspired by its neighbourhood – from striking boutique design, memorable dining experiences with a local twist, to our friendly staff who always have the inside track on what’s happening in the area - we endeavor to give every guest that walks through our door a truly authentic taste of our local. Are you the person to launch Hotel Indigo to the Australasian market? We are looking for story tellers, neighbourhood hosts and authentic characters. Set in the food mecca that is Adelaide Markets this is a hotel for locals and visitors alike. The second Hotel Indigo to be launched in Australia, Hotel Indigo Adelaide Markets comprises 145 guest rooms, a lively restaurant and a soon to be iconic roof top bar with panoramic views of Adelaide, this hotel is going to set the trend for local dining and cosmic cocktails. Hotel Indigo Adelaide Markets will open its doors to a wide array of domestic & international boutique hotel guests and the hotel will employ colleagues aka "Neighbourhood hosts" across multiple disciplines.
Your day to day
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. Reporting to the Operations Lead, the Housekeeping Manager will be responsible for leading all aspects of housekeeping including leading the internal team members whilst ensuring high standards are achieved in a fabulous newly built property. This will involve on maintaining hygienic standards and practices, colleague training, and overseeing the practices which meets & exceed guest expectations. Additionally success in this role will be leading the team to maximise financial performance, continuously driving productivity & cost control improvements, whilst leading and inspiring a positive and productive work environment for others.
It is anticipated this role will begin in early September 2020.
What we need from you
The successful candidate will have:
- Sucessfully lead a Housekeeping Department in a hotel of similar size and complexity
- Experience in leading, developing and inspiring a team of up to 20 others whilst driving results and colleague engagement
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office & ideally Opera
- Hands-on working style with the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and ability prioritize workload
- Detail focused, with strong corporate communication and organisational skills
- Proven success to achieve strong financial, analytical and business acumen partnered with proven ability to deliver on set targets will also be highly advantageous
- Ability to build rapport quickly and manage multiple stakeholders
- Current First Aid Certification is required and Return to Work Coordinator Certification would be an advantage
- Full Australian working rights with no limitations or restrictions.
What we offer
Be the first to be a part of this exciting global brand in Australia, boasting properties at 100+ neighbourhoods around the world. Hotel Indigo, inspiring a local discovery through a world of stories.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organisation, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you. In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, well give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start with IHG, be involved and grow. So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and well make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.
Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com