Reservations Manager - InterContinental Luanda, Angola
Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Hotel: InterContinental - Nairobi (NBOHA)
Job number: EMEAA18043
Do you see yourself as a Reservations Manager? What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, billiards or karaoke, at InterContinental Hotels Group we're interested in who you are. At IHG we apply the same amount of care and passion to our jobs as we do to our hobbies - people who put their guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like yourself to join our friendly and professional team.
Imagine working for a company that gives you Room to be yourself. Our commitment to our people is to deliver room to have a great start, to learn and grow, to perform, to be recognized and rewarded, to be involved and to take the initiative and lead. At the moment we're looking for a Reservations Manager to join our unique, grand and extraordinary pre-opening team at InterContinental Luanda Miramar.
Your day to day
As a Reservation Manager, you will conduct vigilant and appropriate yield management and actively contribute towards revenue generation through effective management of the reservations department. This position is a vital position to the sales and marketing function by providing current, accurate information on both the internal reservation situation and the external climate of the Luxury Hotel. In addition, you will have to track sales programs/promotions/advertising and provide feedback as necessary to relevant departments and track and establish pick up trends, occupancy history and market segment development to facilitate forecasting.
Duties and Responsibilities: -
Conduct vigilant and appropriate yield management and actively contribute towards revenue generation through effective management of the reservations department. Monitor the daily operations of reservations
Control rooms’ inventory including allocation and reservations to areas of maximum yield and blackout dates
Develop and conduct rooms based marketing activities
Track sales programs/promotions/advertising and provide feedback as necessary to relevant departments
Track and establish pick up trends, occupancy history and market segment development to facilitate forecasting
Monitor front office tracking of guest history data
Record and analyze guest questionnaires on a monthly basis
Ensure accuracy of guest history and client profiles in Data Base
Track market codes
Load and maintain rates in IHG reservation system
Maintain rate in Website
Collate, maintain and distribute relevant information and data obtained from both existing sources (consultants, economic forecasters) and external sources
Complete end of month sales report
Prepare weekly sales strategy reports
Conduct market research and analysis
Monitor and evaluate contemporary sales and marketing initiatives and trends
Monitor and evaluate economic, political and social issues/changes
Report on competitor activity
Chairs and conducts Sales Strategy meetings weekly or as directed by Director of Sales & Marketing
Participate in preparation of strategic plans for region
Consider and comment on economic, political, social activity and trends which are likely to influence business outcomes
Access and assess sales and marketing data
Works with superior on manpower planning and management needs
Works with superior in the preparation and management of the Department’s budget
What we need from you
Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration, or related field and at least 3 years related experience or two years reservations/front office/sales & marketing experience including management experience. With excellent problem solving, motivating and organisational abilities. Must be familiar in the use of hotel reservation systems.
• Must speak fluent English and Portuguese
• Experience with managing a diverse team of colleagues
• High level of energy and drive to achieve operational and business goals
• Positivity and flexibility to work in small or large teams towards the success of own division as well as the overall hotel
• Ability to initiate and follow through new projects
• You will also have an excellent ability to manage employee productivity, attention to detail
• In-depth Knowledge of Fidelio or Opera Reservations systems is desired
• Ambitious and eager to learn, grow and further develop own career
• Pro-active approach, and the ability to meet deadlines
What we offer
In return we will offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you Room to be yourself.
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG hotels.
Each IHG® hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
• True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
• True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
• True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
• True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
So what's your passion? Please apply on-line and tell us how you can bring your individual skills to IHG. To find out more about us or any other jobs with IHG please look at www.careers.ihg.com
We are an equal opportunity employer.