IHG has opened its newly built full-service upscale hotel - Crowne Plaza Hobart. The hotel is managed by Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) and owned by Tasmanian locals.
The 235 room hotel offers a gymnasium, 9 versatile meeting rooms, a Club Lounge and 2 restaurants and bars.
Your day to day
At Crowne Plaza, we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too!
As a member of the Housekeeping team, you’ll make sure our rooms and suites are always ‘fresh and welcoming’ for our guests a – creating a haven for them to escape and relax in - or get a bit of last-minute work done.
You'll make sure areas are stocked and well maintained and all requests are actioned promptly, satisfying guest service requests and hotel standards.
You will meet the hotel’s standards for cleanliness and IHG's Clean Promise for deep cleaning and pandemic hygiene practices that keep guests and colleagues safe.
What we need from you
- It’s a physical role and you’ll be on your feet most of the day, so fitness is important
- Strength – with occasional lifting of items up to 23 kilograms and or push / pulling heavy objects
- You will need to bend and kneel to complete some activities
- Communication skills – basic spoken and written English, some reading, writing and math skills
- Flexible attitude to shifts – you may need to work nights, weekends and/or holidays
What we offer
Joining the IHG family means you benefit from a world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organisation, and you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you. In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we'll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start with IHG, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we'll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.