IHG has opened its newly built full-service upscale hotel - Crowne Plaza Hobart. The hotel is managed by Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) and owned by Tasmanian locals.
The 235 room hotel offers a gymnasium, 9 versatile meeting rooms, a Club Lounge and 2 restaurants and bars.
Your day to day
At Crowne Plaza, we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too!
As a Hotel Services team member, you will provide warm, knowledgeable service and helpful guidance to reassure guests they’ve made the right choice to stay with us.
You may be at the reception, taking reservations, cashiering and checking guests out, or you could be working in the restaurant, helping guests with menu choices and running the end of day finance procedures.
You will deliver exceptional customer service ensuring guests have a safe and fabulous experience.
What we need from you
- Experience in a Food & Beverage / Guest Services position is preferred
- Qualifications in Hotel Management and/or in Food & Beverage related field highly regarded
- Flexibility – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- Excellent communication skills, bilingual or multilingual language skills are advantageous
- A team player, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workloads
- If you have knowledge of Opera or Infrasys, this would be a benefit
What we offer
Joining the IHG family means you benefit from a world of variety and opportunity that comes with working for a global organisation, and you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for being you. In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we'll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start with IHG, be involved and grow.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG and we'll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself.