Are you seeking an opportunity where you can combine a personal adventure with a career journey like no other?
Fancy living in a world heritage area where the Whitsundays is your back yard and residing in a community that provides a dynamic and diverse living experience whilst you kick amazing life experiences off your list? And then, when you’re at work, grow and develop your hospitality experience
within a luxury service environment.
Yes? Read on; because we’ve got a live on island opportunity for a Carpenter to join our large engineering team.
As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
Nestled at the northernmost point of the Whitsundays, InterContinental Hayman Island Resort is located on Australia’s most iconic private island. Surrounded by verdant cliffs, crescent-shaped white beaches and celestial-blue sea, the Resort presents a spectacular sensory experience teeming with natural beauty and mindful enrichment. From the moment our guests step off their seaplane, helicopter or luxury yacht, they will discover an idyllic destination of privacy and pampering; where 168 beautifully-appointed rooms, basking in private pools, indulging in culinary artistry and soulful spa treatments are just the beginning.
As we work towards reopening, we are now seeking motivated and dynamic professionals to join our team and bring the InterContinental life alive.
Your day to day
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand as a Carpenter, a key role in our dynamic live on island team working across all carpentry related services in the resort, colleague village and Hayman Estates. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you’ll maintain all building structures and fixtures including laundry section, kitchens, resort and village rooms, food and beverage outlets, marina, public areas, industrial, and plant rooms.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Undertake work from CMMS System, prioritising works that are needed to be completed.
- Working as needed to assist the wider Engineering team.
- Coordinating with the Supervisors to ensure sufficient tools, spare parts and consumables are readily available on island at all times, to carry out required repairs and tasks.
- Perform all administration requirements, including the efficient use of Hardcat service records and maintenance schedules
- Undertake painting as required.
- Assist in any after-hours emergencies that may arise when required.
What we need from you
As the ideal candidate will have a history and background in Commercial, Industrial or Residential carpentry. Minimum qualifications and experience are as follows;
- A trade qualification in carpentry with a dual in painting or experience in the trade highly desirable.
- Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate work rights to work within Australia.
- Experience with tiling, grouting, joinery, plaster and basic knowledge on lock systems.
- A full Australian driver’s license.
- Be comfortable to be on your feet most of the day, and to bend and kneel a lot.
- Be familiar with Microsoft Office, Email, and any other reporting tools like HotSoS, Hardcat.
What we offer
IHG are more than just great places to stay, we are also one of Australia’s best employers. We are looking for exceptional people like you to greet the world and be the spark that makes us even better.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
We will give you every opportunity to grow vertically, functionally, geographically, and personally. As part of the IHG family with more than 5,300 hotels in over 100 countries, the world is your oyster - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.