Director of Food and Beverage- Kimpton Paris
Hotel Brand: Kimpton (outside the Americas)
Hotel: Kimpton - Paris
Job number: EMEAA18754
At Kimpton® Hotels and Restaurants, we’re anchored in creating one-of-a-kind experiences for our guests and for each other. Our delightful design, creative events and immersive culinary spaces all feed into a mission to create more heartfelt human connections. As the founder of the boutique concept in the U.S., it’s our empowered employees who bring Kimpton’s sincerely personal guest experience to life.
Lead your own personal career path with us while you help make us one of Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Your day to day
What’s the job?
As Food and Beverage Manager, you’ll manage food and beverage operations to ensure quality service and standards whilst delivering a memorable guest experience. You'll ensure compliance with all health, safety, or other requirements.
- Manage everyday activity, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues
- Train colleagues to make sure they deliver with compliance and to the standards we expect
- Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
- Help prepare the hotel’s annual budget and the setting of departmental goals
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, beverage and labour costs
- Working with the catering office, identify additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue
- Drive promotions that deliver great dining experiences for guests at a good value
- Make sure credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner
- Make sure all food and beverage equipment is in operational condition and regularly cleaned
- Make sure all food and beverage facilities including banquet/convention spaces are clean and properly stocked to anticipated business volume. Notify engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs
- Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Help guests with their requests and complaints - making sure you maintain a high level of guest satisfaction
- Manage hotel food and beverage marketing programmes and participate in and maintain system-wide food and beverage marketing programmes and promotions
- Keep an eye on competitor activity / industry innovation. Review and approve menu design and concepts with Executive Chef
- Make sure food and drinks are secure and stored safely - always keep stock replenished to minimise waste
- Handle food and beverage inventory procedures. Determine minimum and maximum stocks for all food, beverage, material, and equipment
- Other ad-hoc duties - unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
This is the top food and beverage job in the hotel. Supervising a large number of team members in one or two food and beverage outlets, kitchens, and may include banquet facilities that cater to 500 people or less. May oversee one or more subordinate managers or supervisors.
What we need from you
- Some college and/or advanced training in food and beverage management
- 2 years of related experience, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification in Hotel Management, culinary arts, or related field preferred
- Must speak local language
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card, as required by local law
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
How do I deliver this?
Kimpton believes that heartfelt connections make people’s lives better. Our colleagues are empowered and encouraged to act from the heart, to go above and beyond to create ridiculously personal experiences for each other and our guests.
Our Kimpton brand culture encourages colleagues to be their best selves, and we celebrate the differences of each employee. This is reinforced through on-going cultural cornerstones which ensure the Kimpton spirit is consistently experienced across our hotels, no matter where we are in the world.
Working at Kimpton is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion.
Here, you can:
Who you are is who we are. So bring the real you. The best and ever-improving version of you. Bring your background, your personality, your individuality, your creativity. It’s those just-you qualities that make it more personal for you, and our guests.
We support you, and you support we. We trust you to give it your all, take initiative, do right when no one’s watching, find creative new ways to delight guests and co-workers. We trust you to learn, grow and continually improve at whatever you do.
Make it Count
As long as we’re here, why not make lives better? Yours and our guests. We care for both, and we pursue every chance we can to create a ridiculously personal experience (aka. A Kimpton Moment) every day. That focus and passion gives our work meaning. What you do matters. You matter.do.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.