Hotel Brand: InterContinental Hotels
Location: United Arab Emirates, AE-FU, Fujairah
Hotel: InterContinental - Fujairah Resort (FJRAE)
Job number: EMEAA18755
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence. What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying, or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort. We are currently looking for a Spa Therapist who prides themselves on their ability to provide exceptional guest experiences through the relaxing and rejuvenating journey in our O’ Spa. You should keep abreast of the latest industry techniques with respect to massages and therapies to provide exceptional customer service. Ultimately, an outstanding Spa Therapist should be able to demonstrate respectfulness, patience, and tact to help guests feel more comfortable and at ease!
Your day to day
Your day to Day includes:
- Conduct all Training Needs Analysis for the Hotel – Establishing core competencies required for key positions and identify/develop training programs for all development needs
- Performing different types of massages, beauty treatments, and wellness therapies • Maintaining detailed records of massages, treatments, and therapies performed on each spa guest
- Communicating with guests during massages to adjust massage techniques as required
- Resolving guest complaints and reporting any accidents to the supervisor
- Cleaning and sanitizing work areas, changing treatment room sheets and sterilizing all instruments and equipment before each use
- Explaining massages, treatments, and therapist to guest and providing suitable recommendations as needed
- Ensuring that the spa is adequately stocked with spa supplies and reporting shortages to the supervisor
- Enquiring about guests' medical conditions and allergies before providing spa services
- Suggest and promote retail products or additional services
- Cooperate with and report on administration on any arising issues
What we need from you
The ideal candidate should have licensed in massage therapy ad cosmetology or aesthetics, proven experience working experience as a Spa Therapist in a five-star hotel or resort environment, sound knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and different massage techniques, result-oriented and self-motivated along with a positive attitude. You are a strong team player, enthusiastic and flexible.
What we offer
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to be Yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.