Hotel Brand: Hotel Indigo
Location: United States, Alabama, Birmingham
Hotel: Hotel Indigo - Birmingham Five Points S - UAB - (BHMID)
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
We are a 63 room property looking for a front desk/night auditor in the 5 Points Birmingham area. Our Hotel Indigo is a boutique hotel.
Hotel Indigo is seeking friendly and reliable OPERA-trained candidates to join our Front Desk team. Evening and overnight shifts are available. Possible part-time position may also be an option.
Attention to detail and strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are key. A strong sense of customer service is required, as Front Desk Agents will spend much of their time interacting with the public. Strong mathematical skills are needed in order to complete payment processing responsibilities.
Your day to day
- Experience with OPERA Property Management system.
- Using oral and written communication skills to register and accommodate guests
- Managing guest service requests
- Processing cash or credit card payments
- Maintaining updated information on room availability, reservations and guest messages
What we need from you
- Store Discounts
- Paid time off
- Employee rates available at our branded hotels
What we offer
- Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Front Desk: 1 year (Required)
- hospitality: 1 year (Required)
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Must be able to understand the 5 Points Birmingham market