Franchise Hotel - General Manager - Holiday Inn Express & Suites Beavercreek
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Location: United States, Ohio, Beavercreek
Hotel: Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Beavercreek - (DAYBC)
Job number: FRDAYBC535
This job posting is for a position at a Hotel owned and operated by , an independent franchisee, not by IHG or its affiliates. IHG has no involvement in the hiring or day-to-day employment policies or practices of franchisees.
By clicking the apply button, you will be applying for a position with an independently owned and operated franchise hotel, not with IHG or its affiliates, and IHG will not be your employer.
The upcoming Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Beavercreek, Ohio is looking for experienced candidates to fill the General Manager role. This hotel is currently under construction and applicant should note that this position will be in charge of pre-opening responsibilities while under construction, as well as operations after hotel is opened.
The Hotel General Manager is the face of the hotel, the primary management member, and leader. This person represents everything about the brand's culture. They are responsible for providing a profitable business model, ensuring they exceed our guests expectations, and maintain a productive operational environment. The ideal candidate is driven, ambitious, and ready for any obstacles that may arise.
Your day to day
- Proven and experienced leader who can positively manage a team, meet goals, and provide quality service
- Conduct financial and accounting practices including Direct Bill/Accounts Receivable, petty cash, ordering procedures, month-end, and bank procedures
- Review reporting to measure productivity to determine areas of opportunity
- Experienced track record of success with maximizing profits, driving guest satisfaction scores, and driving revenue
- All sales aspects including marketing, travelling to local businesses, working with local chambers of commerce, and always finding ways to earn additional business
- Responsible for the operation of all departments including staff meetings, training, rate management, inventory management, etc.
- Be able to perform Front Desk duties including reservations, answering the phone, laundry, Food & Beverage, and cleaning as needed
- General Manager needs to have high visibility at check-in and check-out, during breakfast, and all areas of the hotel
- Be able to work weekends and holidays
- On call 24/7/365 to assist in other departments when hotel business demands
- Keeps hotel prepared and successful during Brand Standard Audits
- Provides a safe working environment
- Having a thorough knowledge of emergency procedures and implementation
- Be courteous, professional, and approachable at ALL TIMES.
- Leading by example
- Demonstrate energy and enthusiasm, while consistently engaging with staff
- Providing constructive criticism while maintaining courtesy
- Follow brand guidelines
- Manage payroll and consistently finding areas of improvement
- Monitors food and beverage to reduce waste and maximize profitability
Managing the Guest Experience:
- Exceeding guest expectations
- Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and associate related problems
- Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests
- Takes proactive approach when dealing with guest concerns
- Assists associates in understanding the guests ever-changing needs and expectations
- Responds to all guest feedback on various websites within 24 hours, positive or negative
Human Resource Management:
- Ability to hire, discipline, terminate, and provide thorough training and orientation, as well as completes paperwork in a timely manner
- Takes proactive approach when dealing with associate concerns
- Adhere to all procedures, policies and requirements established by the brand and ownership company
- Comply with federal laws and break periods
What we need from you
We provide equal opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or any other protected status. Our company is an equal opportunity employer.
What we offer
- Minimum 2 years hotel management experience
- BS degree in Hotel Management or similar business degree preferred
- Proven track record with branded hotel preferred
- Excellent business and analytical skills as well as strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to promote an engaging culture for our guests and associates while following our brand standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience in opening a hotel in a management capacity preferred