Director, Global Talent Resourcing Delivery
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
This role is responsible for building and leading a team to recruit Corporate bands 4-8 (VP and below) and non-Luxury GM’s across Americas region, to support global and regional business priorities, while proactively hiring for ‘churn’. The role will design and deliver relevant resourcing strategies from initial workforce planning right through to colleague on-boarding. In addition, this role will contribute to the global ‘talent acquisition community’ supporting global TA priorities and initiatives.
Your day to day
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the Global Talent Acquisition strategy and roadmap, with regional implementation and delivery of processes, initiatives to transform resourcing function.
- Design, establish, and lead a dedicated recruiting team in a shared services environment for corporate recruitment and non-luxury GM’s. Build their capability to deliver a seamless, efficient customer service oriented service.
- Develop regional TA strategies to facilitate a proactive source of external talent for key vacancies talent segments in Corporate, utilising our global TA infrastructure and partnering with Global Talent and TA CoE’s.
- Partner with regional Talent to deliver regional ‘build/buy’ strategy for critical talent segments (for ‘in scope’ populations), and design/deliver associated/bespoke regional TA strategies as required by the business.
- Ensure continuous improvement efforts within and outside of assigned team, including local vendors to deliver the most effective recruiting
- Through local/regional support partners, advertising/media and direct sourcing, develop and deliver effective external talent acquisition strategies to attract the best talent in the assigned marketplace to IHG
- Through alignment with the global Talent Acquisition function, ensure we use the most effective, efficient recruitment tools/techniques/processes tailored for this service, providing recruiters/line managers with appropriate training and support
- Personally lead the recruitment activities for critical, senior positions to ensure a high quality approach/outcome.
- Ensure that all local/regional recruitment activities, systems and reporting is compliant with all employment legislation and in support of local legislation (inc: Affirmative Action & EEOC in the US) and ensuring fair recruiting practices are followed.
- Coach and develop team members; from hire to exit, assess, train, engage, discipline, document performance, recommend salary and classification changes. Act as an advisor to subordinate managers or staff to help meet established schedules and/or resolve technical or operational problems.
- Manage regional strategic partnerships including agencies (where relevant), research firms, professional networks.
What we need from you
- Work with Global Talent Acquisition to develop and implement regional global recruitment processes to optimize candidate experience for both internal and external hires. Ensure processes are understood, communicated and embedded.
- Attend industry networking events to garner best practice and build networking relationships that enable IHG to achieve a ‘best in class’ and ‘Employer of Choice’ resourcing capability.
- Drive regional consistency with line managers and recruitment teams to ensure that the employment brand proposition and full candidate experience is delivered, including ownership of all internal and external facing web recruiting sites.
- Oversee IHG Temporary employees staffing strategy in conjunction with external vendors and appropriate procurement teams who manage recruiting vendor relationships.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
Critical Expertise & Experience:
10+ years progressive work related experiences within Recruitment/Search environment and global recruiting shared services environment, with experience of global team management (off-shore, virtual, and on-site).
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong expertise and experience in talent acquisition principles and practices, with shared services experience
- Excellent skills and a proven track record in leading and developing people and demonstrated ability to foster a strong global team environment. Willingness and ability to lead a team with flexible work schedules are desirable.
- Strong oral and written communication skills for the purpose of presenting information internally and externally, representing the Company to potential internal and external candidates, negotiating positive outcomes and establishing rapport and influence with others. Proven ability to partner with operational and non-HR functions to understand, influence and respond to overall business priorities and needs.
- Previous exposure/experience with a wide variety of sourcing vehicles; digital sourcing, mining, advertising, direct sourcing, trade journal and newspaper advertising, employee referral campaigns, outplacement firms, etc.
- Highly networked, with links to external networks/groups to facilitate Senior level searches.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans