Hotel Brand: IHG Army Hotels
Location: United States, Georgia, Fort Gordon
Hotel: IHG Army Hotels - Fort Gordon (MFGRA)
Job number: USA15073
Do you see yourself as a Houseperson?
What's your passion? Whether you're into reading, rowing a boat or trying a new recipe, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Army Hotels is looking for a Houseperson at our Fort Gordon, GA location. At IHG Army Hotels, our mission is to provide great on-post hotel stay experiences to military personnel, families, as well as guests. We do this by providing convenient, reasonably priced hotels on 40 installations across the nation- many featuring brand-name hotels previously only offered off post.
Your day to day
This role has the overall responsibility to assist room attendants on assigned floors; collect dirty linens and transport to laundry area, deliver fresh linens to room attendant carts throughout the day. May assist with stripping linens from room and/or the cleaning of public areas. Deliver and retrieve items requested by guests and housekeeping staff.
Key job duties and responsibilities for the Houseperson include:
- Assist room attendants with heavy items such as mattresses and linens. Deliver linens and other supplies to room attendants.
- Remove all dirty linen from assigned Room Attendants’ carts and closets and transport to laundry.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of floor closets and vending areas; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; sweep and wax floor, remove non-floor closet items and store in appropriate areas.
- Respond to guests’ requests such as delivery of housekeeping supplies (e.g. linens, cots, etc.) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Clean other designated areas such as public restrooms, fixtures, vending areas, storage areas, and other public areas for assigned floors.
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- May collect newspaper and other items for recycling.
- May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Requirements include basic reading, writing and math skills. Some housekeeping experience is preferred. You may be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following: carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds and pushing and/or pulling approximately 300 pounds, frequently standing up and moving about the facility, frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility, frequently bending, stooping and kneeling.
This position also requires you to be authorized to work in the United States and the ability to pass an NCIC III background check in order to gain access to the military installation.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.