Hotel Brand: IHG Army Hotels
Location: United States, Georgia, Fort Gordon
Hotel: IHG Army Hotels - Fort Gordon (MFGRA)
Job number: USA15103
Do you see yourself as a Breakfast Attendant?
What's your passion? Whether you're into reading, rowing a boat or trying a new recipe, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
IHG Army Hotels is looking for a Breakfast Attendant at our Fort Gordon, GA location. At IHG Army Hotels, our mission is to provide great on-post hotel stay experiences to military personnel, families, as well as guests. We do this by providing convenient, reasonably priced hotels on 40 installations across the nation- many featuring brand-name hotels previously only offered off post.
Your day to day
This position has overall responsibility for attending food and beverage buffet areas ensuring a high level of quality and consistency. Adhere to all health, sanitation, and cleanliness standards that meet state and local Health Board inspection, brand standard, and hotel requirements.
Key job duties and responsibilities for the Breakfast Attendant include:
- Prepare and/or transport all food and beverage items and associated supplies, equipment, and materials to and from the buffet areas.
- Monitor area to ensure adequate supplies of food, beverage, trays, plates, utensils, napkins, condiments, etc. to serve all guests; replenish buffet items and areas as necessary.
- Follow preparation methods, times, and quality and presentation standards. Monitor taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, and garnish method as required.
- Welcome guests and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner. Refer any serious matters to management.
- Purchase and/or requisition for purchase inventory to ensure adequate minimum and maximum stocks of all food, beverage, material, and equipment.
- Monitor and control food and beverage costs and ensure procedures are followed to ensure the security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory, and equipment and to minimize waste.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and well-organized work and buffet area, which may include but is not limited to hoods, filters, steam tables, bus tables, carts, ovens and grills, sinks, refrigerator/freezers, service areas, walls, floors, sneeze guards, and counters. Empty trash receptacles and clear tables as required.
- Check the working condition of equipment and machinery in accordance with specifications. Report to supervisor all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment, safety hazards, or any other maintenance and repair needs.
- May operate dishwashing machine in accordance with manufacturer specifications and instructions and place clean dishes and utensils in assigned storage location.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
We need you to bring your passion to deliver True Hospitality to our guests and fellow team members. Your dedication, bright smile, and positive outlook are a must. Be part of a great team and help us fulfill our mission of creating Great Hotels Guests Love!
Other requirements include basic reading, writing and math skills and some prior food preparation experience preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen and cafeteria
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests and supervisors.
- Food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing buffet items from instructions.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, measurements, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays
This position also requires you to be authorized to work in the United States and the ability to pass an NCIC III background check in order to gain access to the military installation.
What we offer
We will give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG. IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.