Cook (Part Time) - Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn
Location: United States, Texas, San Antonio
Hotel: Holiday Inn - San Antonio-Riverwalk (SATRW)
Job number: USA15184
Do you see yourself as a Cook? What's your passion? Whether you're into skydiving, scrapbooking or bird watching, at IHG we're interested in YOU. We employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
At Holiday Inn® we want our guests to relax and be themselves which means we need team members to:
- Be you – by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
- Get ready – by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
- Show you care – by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
- Take action – by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
Your day to day
Here is what you might expect day to day:
- Advise supervisor of low inventory items; assists in receiving items and taking inventory as required.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Sales and Marketing, Catering, Banquets, Outlets, Maintenance, and Guest Services
- Maintain a clean, neat and well-organized work area, including but not limited to reach-ins, walk-ins and counters. Reports all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- May assist by performing ware washer or other kitchen duties as needed.
- Prepare and cook orders for daily operations.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen area that meet or exceed the state and local Health Board inspection and Holiday Inn requirements.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
Basic reading, writing and math skills. Some food preparation experience or training preferred.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen
- Handling food, objects, products and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the other cooks, wait staff and supervisors.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when preparing meals from a recipe, when assisting in the scheduling of the kitchen staff, or when monitoring inventory.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, percentages, quantities, and variances are used frequently.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.