Senior Engineer, IT Software Development & Maintenance
Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: USA15349
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty, and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
The Senior Engineer, IT Software Development and Maintenance role has the primary responsibility of leading advising and coaching a team of entry and intermediate level professionals and support roles. The Lead Engineer IT Software Development & Maintenance is an execution-focused leader within a team, providing leadership, technical guidance, and workflow management daily. The Lead Engineer IT Software Development & Maintenance triages complex problems escalated from junior team members, explains procedures, and coaches the team members through the escalation.
- Provide technical solutions for complex problems for analyzing, designing, coding, debugging and documenting software, including interface components, graphical screens, reports, and high level logic for application system(s).
- Develop strategies for the continued planning, scheduling, and coordination of system tests for reliability, scalability, and maintainability and monitor test results to take or assign required corrective action.
- Leads proofs of concepts and acts as an advisor to Sr. level IT management on strategic decisions concerning legacy and/or new technology.
- Facilitate the design, development, and implementation of real time applications for use in a multi-platform environment.
- Leads system upgrades and complex break/fix solutions.
- Act as subject matter expert in focus area(s).
Key Collaborative Network:
- Provide reports on project development status to software engineering management and other key stakeholders.
- Analyzes the stability and health of our systems/environment utilizing monitoring tools and may be required to produce reports.
- Provide expertise in conducting project and code reviews to ensure development conforms to governance, standards, requirements, and the software development life cycle as defined.
- Diagnoses complex problems and lead/coordinate cross team collaboration to resolve.
- Implement complex programs and lead/coordinate project/program and systems documentation according to established IT standards.
What we need from you
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience
7+ years progressive work-related experience, with at least 3+ years’
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Strong knowledge and understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques.
- Strong knowledge in addition to experience in related software architectures and development methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to display effective verbal and written communication skills when explaining complex technical issues to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences, including clients, vendors, senior management, and staff.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence in the software engineering team's knowledge of the customers' business needs.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Extensive knowledge and development expertise in one or more of the following disciplines required:
- Systems applications including but not limited to:
- Messaging Platforms, Kafka, AMQ, WMQ, GEMFire, API’s, APIGEE, Services, SOA Middleware Architecture, JAVA, J2EE, XML, Web Services, SQL
Key Metric/ Hot Skills
- Messaging Platforms
- SOA middleware architecture
- Monitoring and Service Tools
- App Dynamics
- Service Now
- CA Technologies
- All middleware messaging platforms (Kafka, GEMfire, WMQ, AMQ)
- All middleware applications and services
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans