Holiday Inn Express on Fort Lee, VA-Maintenance Utility
Hotel Brand: Holiday Inn Express
Location: United States, Virginia, Fort Lee
Hotel: IHG Army Hotels - Fort Lee Lodging (ZYLEA)
Job number: USA15400
Do you see yourself as a Maintenance Utility? What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
We are IHG Army Hotels located on Fort Lee Army Base Virginia. We are the Largest Holiday Inn Express in the United States. We have 1000 rooms located at 2301 Mahone Ave and 138 rooms located at 9051 Mahone Ave. We cater to the Military, Military Families and Civilians as well..
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
Your day to day
Performs simple maintenance and cleaning duties in guest rooms, public areas and grounds of the hotel that do not require practical skill or knowledge of a trade.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete basic maintenance related tasks and deep cleaning to keep guest rooms and public areas in an excellent state of cleanliness and repair.
- Assist with completion of the preventative maintenance checklist and complete minor repairs work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, unclogging toilets replacing faucet washers, etc.
- Carry tools, prepare the worksite and assist maintenance representatives as needed
- Clean and sweep the parking lot and sidewalk areas.
- Cut, prune and water the lawn and plants as necessary and dispose of the trimmings.
- Empty all trashcans on a daily basis
- Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to supervisor.
- Adhere to all established safety policies and procedures.
- Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory such as tools, supplies, equipment, etc., replenish supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner, and minimize waste.
- Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Perform other duties as necessary
What we need from you
Qualifications and Requirements:
You must be able to pass a Federal Background Check via the Military Installation to access the base. Have a valid Driver’s License.
Basic reading and writing skills
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying, lifting, pulling or pushing items weighing up to 100-300 pounds
- Frequently standing up and moving about the buildings and grounds
- Frequently handling objects and equipment
- Frequently bending, stooping, kneeling
- Working knowledge of basic non-skilled maintenance tasks such as plunging toilets, changing light bulbs and replacing faucet washers.
- Working knowledge of lawn/plant care equipment and tools.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive instructions for the day or to read equipment safety/repair manuals.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Work Area: Hotel buildings and grounds
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This position is classified as non-exempt (per the Fair Labor Standards Act) and is subject to overtime in accordance with Federal and State Regulations.
What we offer
- Exceptional pay at $13.98 per hour
- Vacation pay
- Personal time (Full Time Only)