Hotel Brand: IHG Corporate
Location: United States, Georgia, Atlanta
Hotel: Corp Atlanta Ravinia (ATLR3)
Job number: USA15428
Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
Develop and deliver cut-through news generation that drives consumer PR coverage for all brands to increase awareness and performance.
- Work as part of a new team to develop IHG’s approach to news bureau and deliver the plan
- Design, develop and deliver coverage for our brands
- Focus on coverage that wins the hearts and minds of consumers, establishes our leadership among industry stakeholders, and sets our brands apart from the competition
- Develop and manage the global news bureau calendar
- Lead the development and enable the implementation of media coverage working alongside team members across GCA
- Daily management of agencies (future state) required to deliver plans, ensuring alignment, consistency, efficiency, effectiveness and value for money
- Scan the media for new ideas that can add value to our plans and keep the team up to speed on the latest media thinking
- Training, advice and support to team members as required
- Subject matter expert on press office tactics and delivery
- Effective reporting, performance data and analytics to measure ROI
What we need from you
Education: Bachelors Degree – preferably in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience. Excellent English and any further languages would be valuable, though not essential.
Experience: At least five years’ experience in external communications (media relations), preferably in an international business. US media experience required.
- Strong writing/pitching skills and creativity
- Proven track record of consumer-oriented storytelling, hospitality industry experience a plus
- Experience of agency management or work at a PR agency
- Experience of working within a complex business with a range of stakeholders with different needs and with senior people
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and juggle multiple projects
- Knowledge of the global consumer media landscape
- Strong written and oral communication in English
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans