Bringing True Hospitality to the world.
We want to welcome you to a world of bringing True Hospitality to everyone. When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. A welcoming culture of warmth, honesty and a passion for providing True Hospitality.
We pride ourselves on letting your personality and passions shine, recognizing the individual contribution you make and supporting your ambition to learn and create your own career path. In making a difference to our guests and owners, colleagues and communities, every day is a chance to create great and unique experiences, in your own way.
With over 370,000 colleagues in nearly 100 countries sharing our values, there’s countless opportunities at your fingertips.
We’re growing; grow with us.
Your day to day
This role will be responsible for analyzing the information security environment and developing security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure. Confer as required with management, development personnel, risk assessment staff, auditors, facilities management, and other relevant personnel to identify and implement security plans for data, software applications, hardware, telecommunications, and computer installations. Function as technical lead for design, operations and maintenance for a critical security system(s) such as intrusion detection systems, forensics systems, firewall software and operating platforms or extranet/intranet access management systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Research, evaluate, design, test, recommend and plan implementation of new or improved information security software or devices: analyze new or enhanced software application or tool implementations for implications to existing security software and devices.
● Ensure the protection, integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information in the custody of or processed by the Company by: respond in a timely manner to a loss or misuse of information assets; participate in investigations of suspected information security misuse or in compliance reviews as requested by auditors; communicate unresolved security exposures, misuse or noncompliance situations to management.
● Research and consult with key technology suppliers and industry consultants to evaluate, select, install, and configure hardware and software systems that provide appropriate security functions.
● Assist resource owners and IT staff in understanding and responding to security audit failures reported by internal and external auditing departments.
● Review operation logs and event console activity to determine cause of security related events or to identify potential security related events.
● Provide technical consultation in new systems development and enhancement of existing systems related to system security.
● Aid in review of security policies and guide the administration of security tools that control and monitor information security, including: access control, alert on and investigating potential misuse or breaches, design computer system access and reports to limit risk and identify possible security violations, document data privacy and protection
What we need from you
Bachelor's or master’s degree in a relevant field of work or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience. Security certifications such as CISSP are desired
8+ years progressive work related experience in IT, with a broad range of exposure to business planning, systems analysis, application development, and information security with mastery of technical and business knowledge and understanding of multiple disciplines/process related to the position. Typically leads/mentors less experienced staff of complex projects in area of expertise.
Technical Skills and Knowledge –
- Specific technical knowledge of security technologies related to the following areas:
- Identity Management, Single Sign-On, Federation, SAML, Password Management
- Privileged Account Management, Credential Vaulting/Rotation
- Identity Store Management, Directory Services, Kerberos Authentication, Unix-Bridging
- Strong operational understanding of both Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- Network Security Management including Firewall, IDS/IPS, URL Filtering, HTTPS Inspection
- Wired & Wireless Network Access Control
- Secure Remote Access Management & Integration, 2-Faction Authentication
- Certificate Authority, PKI, Encryption
- Database Security, Access Control, Access Monitoring
What we offer
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk assessment procedures, policy formation, role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies, and security attack pathologies.
- Demonstrated project execution experience in planning, development and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in data administration and security methods, plus experience in various technology design techniques.
- Demonstrated project management experience in organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from conception through implementation.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multi-platform environments and their operational/security considerations.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills for the purpose of providing information to clients, vendors, senior management and staff
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - click here to find out more about us.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veteran