Recruitment Manager - Regent Phu Quoc
Hotel Brand: Regent Hotels & Resorts
Job number: EMEAA18010
At Regent, we enable uplifting experiences, igniting the best version of ourselves and our guests.
When we open Regent Phu Quoc in December 2020 on the shores of Phu Quoc Island, it will transform the luxury experience in Vietnam. Guests will enjoy a sublime haven infused with the soul of the island that allows them to rise above the pressures of daily life, a place where they can embrace the best the world has to offer. By freeing them from today’s demands and distractions, our visionary, majestic and intimate experiences will leave lasting impressions.
Our beachfront resort is located in the Phu Quoc Marina on the south-western coast of Phu Quoc Island and blends innovative architecture with subtle Vietnamese influences. Most of the resort’s suites and villas come with their own private pool and awe-inspiring views overlooking the azure waters of the Gulf of Siam. In our restaurants and bars, we offer multi-sensorial experiences, celebrating the world of gastronomy. From fascinating culinary journeys through Vietnamese and Chinese cuisine at Rice Market, to exquisite Japanese-French tastes and flavours at Oku, to finest craftsmanship and artisanal cocktails at Bar Jade, to our guests, it’s all possibility.
If you have the right skills to bring to the team, apply now and be a part of the rebirth of a truly pioneering luxury brand. To express your interest in joining the pre-opening team of Regent Phu Quoc, please email your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly here on our career portal.
Your day to day
Familiarizes and enforces the IHG HR framework including systems of:
- Interviewing and Recruitment
- Induction and orientation
- Employee Administration
- Meet the Hotel’s recruitment needs in a timely manner
Familiarizes and enforces local HR policies and procedures
- Liaises with individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to, employee benefit representatives, colleges and universities, competitors and other members of the local community
- Ensuring compliance with all Corporate, area and hotel policies and procedures in relation to job advertisements, recruitment collateral; and current local and government regulations pertaining to employment and recruitment practices
- Organises and manages appropriate recruitment events within and external to Vietnam.
- Meets with Heads of Departments to review their recruitment needs, ensuring they are following their manpower budgets.
- Ensures all applicants are treated with respect and are replied to inline with IHG standards.
- Assists the Human Resource Director, where appropriate, in the development and preparation of the Hotel’s Strategic Plan, Marketing Plan and Goals Programme
- Prepares and submits reports for management’s use in relation to current and future status of recruitment, in accordance with Corporate and government requirements, such as reasons for decline, withdrawal, time to fill. Trends and patterns.
- Maintains and updates files on employee records, legal documents and other Personnel matters, in relation to information on new colleagues efficiently and confidentially.
- Maintains effective communications at all levels of management and staff
- Liaises with the Human Resources Manager and HR Manager Welfare and Activities and their teams for effective on-boarding of all new colleagues.
- Assists in maintaining and creating a positive atmosphere within the hotel that allows for open two way communication that ensures morale and productivity reach the highest possible levels
- Develops and implements recruiting and screening systems and procedures in order to attract qualified candidates for position vacancies
- Regularly analyses hotel manpower requirements and recommends selection and development activities to meet those requirements
What we need from you
Required Skills –
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company. Fluent in Vietnamese and a high level of verbal and written English
- Knowledge of Local Labour and Employment Regulations.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Problem solving, analytical, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Good writing skills
- 3 years of relevant experience or similar supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
What we offer
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.