Learning & Development Manager - Regent Phu Quoc
Hotel Brand: Regent Hotels & Resorts
Location: Vietnam, Ha Noi, Ha Noi
Job number: EMEAA18074
At Regent, we enable uplifting experiences, igniting the best version of ourselves and our guests.
When we open Regent Phu Quoc in December 2020 on the shores of Phu Quoc Island, it will transform the luxury experience in Vietnam. Guests will enjoy a sublime haven infused with the soul of the island that allows them to rise above the pressures of daily life, a place where they can embrace the best the world has to offer. By freeing them from today’s demands and distractions, our visionary, majestic and intimate experiences will leave lasting impressions.
Our beachfront resort is located in the Phu Quoc Marina on the south-western coast of Phu Quoc Island and blends innovative architecture with subtle Vietnamese influences. Most of the resort’s suites and villas come with their own private pool and awe-inspiring views overlooking the azure waters of the Gulf of Siam. In our restaurants and bars, we offer multi-sensorial experiences, celebrating the world of gastronomy. From fascinating culinary journeys through Vietnamese and Chinese cuisine at Rice Market, to exquisite Japanese-French tastes and flavours at Oku, to finest craftsmanship and artisanal cocktails at Bar Jade, to our guests, it’s all possibility.
If you have the right skills to bring to the team, apply now and be a part of the rebirth of a truly pioneering luxury brand. To express your interest in joining the pre-opening team of Regent Phu Quoc, please email your updated resume to email@example.com or apply directly here on our career portal.
Your day to day
- Analyze training needs of the hotel in general and individual departments, and develop strategies which address needs, presenting in the form of a Training Business Plan for the Director of HR for review
- Familiarize yourself with the IHG HR and Training Standards, localizing where necessary
- Ensure effective training programs are in place for the following:
o New Employee Orientation
o Train the Trainer
o Customer Service Training
o Technical job specific training (through certification of departmental standards and procedures)
o Supervisory Skills Training
o Management Development
o Fire, Life and Safety Training
o Selling Skills
o Employee retraining
- Monitor the progress of the Training Business Plan for each department tot ensure that the training objectives are being achieved
- Maintains all hotel training records
- Establish a training library of books, videos, journals and audio visual materials to assist trainers in their training programs and for staff personal development
- Design, produce and implement training programmes which meet specific departmental needs in conjunction with Department Heads, ensuring that training session plans are structured and that training is effective
- Attend departmental training session and critique performance
- Use IHG benchmarks to monitor success of training programs and amend your efforts accordingly. Eg: ESPS, GSTS, achievement of budget, etc
- Assist Department Trainers in preparing and conducting departmental training and assess accordingly
- Prepare and monitor training programs for: Management Trainees, Work Experience and Hotel School Trainees, etc
- Obtain a network of specialist training professionals who can assist with the conduct of training programmes for advanced or specialist training
- Ensure that Department Heads abide by their responsibilities of employee training against departmental SOPs
- Produce monthly training reports for your Manager and the General Manager including
- Liaise with educational institutions conducting hospitality and training courses
- Maintain current information and records of suppliers of training resources and materials
- Delivers briefings of all internal programmes to executive management and department heads
- Provides input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions to Line Managers in line with company guidelines
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Perform any other duties which may be assigned by the management from time to time.
What we need from you
Required Skills –
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with customers, employees and third parties that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Corporate certification in training programs may be required such as 360 Feedback Certification, GTC Registered Assessor, and Certified Assessment Center Assessor designations, etc.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Problem solving, analytical, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities.
- Good writing skills
- 4 years of relevant experience or similar supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
What we offer
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.