Public Relations Manager - Regent Phu Quoc
Hotel Brand: Regent Hotels & Resorts
Location: Vietnam, Ha Noi, Ha Noi
Job number: EMEAA18115
At Regent, we enable uplifting experiences, igniting the best version of ourselves and our guests.
When we open Regent Phu Quoc in December 2020 on the shores of Phu Quoc Island, it will transform the luxury experience in Vietnam. Guests will enjoy a sublime haven infused with the soul of the island that allows them to rise above the pressures of daily life, a place where they can embrace the best the world has to offer. By freeing them from today’s demands and distractions, our visionary, majestic and intimate experiences will leave lasting impressions.
Our beachfront resort is located in the Phu Quoc Marina on the south-western coast of Phu Quoc Island and blends innovative architecture with subtle Vietnamese influences. Most of the resort’s suites and villas come with their own private pool and awe-inspiring views overlooking the azure waters of the Gulf of Siam. In our restaurants and bars, we offer multi-sensorial experiences, celebrating the world of gastronomy. From fascinating culinary journeys through Vietnamese and Chinese cuisine at Rice Market, to exquisite Japanese-French tastes and flavours at Oku, to finest craftsmanship and artisanal cocktails at Bar Jade, to our guests, it’s all possibility.
If you have the right skills to bring to the team, apply now and be a part of the rebirth of a truly pioneering luxury brand. To express your interest in joining the pre-opening team of Regent Phu Quoc, please email your updated resume to email@example.com or apply directly here on our career portal.
Your day to day
Daily activities will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for daily actions related to PR and Brand interaction in public domain
- Responsibility for maintaining impeccable brand reputation
- Responsible for creation of press releases
- Responsible for distribution of other resort news and publications to partners and public
- Responsible for development of brand stories and 3rd party contributions
- Responsible for development of strong network in the key movers & shakers in the Vietnamese landscape
- Responsible for research of qualitative events, product or on-site collaboration and KOL agreements
- Responsible for driving P.R. efforts to achieve goals outlined by management
- Maintains good public relationships by extending personalized service to VIPs. e.g. following up on reservations for VIPs, assisting in greeting VIPs and groups upon their arrival, sending welcome letter to VIP guests
- Coordinates guest lists and invitations for VIP receptions, luncheons, dinners, etc.
- Immaculate record keeping and ability to maintain reporting schedule
- Contribute in strategic projects including PR plan and budgeting
- Contribute to digital team initiatives such as collateral, newsletter and blog creation
- Contribute to digital team in KOL research and appraisal of social / online KOL opportunities
- Contribute to operations needs such as resort stories, interviews and collateral copy development
This is a key marketing and communication role in a full or limited service hotel and will include driving marketing and activities for the promotion of rooms, restaurants, Spa, meeting space and/or catering facilities. May manage professional level and administrative sales team members.
What we need from you
As our sociable P.R. Manager, you will be in a highly dynamic role which will place you on the front line as an ambassador of the Regent brand. You will be responsible for several daily and strategic initiatives including initiative planning, execution, recording and management of key relationships.
- 3-5 years in a similar role
- Experience in 5* luxury hospitality industry
- Experience in successful relationship management and corporate hospitality
- Experience in Translation and copywriting Vietnamese and English
- Experience in development and distribution of Press Releases
- Experience dealing with global PR agencies around the world
- Highly organised
- Team player
- Sociable, diplomatic and outgoing personality
- In depth knowledge of the Vietnamese media landscape
- Ability to formulate brand partnerships and deliver on co-branded opportunities
- Vietnamese resident
- High level of English
What we offer
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care, that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.