Program Manager (EMEAA)
Location: United Kingdom, England, Denham
Hotel: Corp Denham
Job number: EMEAA18610
IHG is one of the world’s leading hotel companies, promising to provide True Hospitality for everyone; making you feel welcome and cared for, recognised and respected, wherever you are in the world. Strong future plans and recent successes, especially across the luxury space is what has made us stand out from the crowd. Last year we opened 411 new properties globally and despite the unique global situation this year regarding Covid-19 we have continued to grow our portfolio in 2020.
Join us and not only can you benefit from the world of variety and opportunity, you can also look forward to being part of a company that will appreciate you for simply being you. At IHG we celebrate our differences and we believe everyone has something unique to bring to each team.
Your day to day
Lead and coordinate the development and execution of revenue-generating global sales programs, promotions and communications for assigned business segments. Ensure that all sales programs support the overall vision, objectives and goals of each market segment and special market. Monitor the cost-effectiveness and implementation of programs, and recommend measures for continuous improvement. May lead the work of less experienced staff by providing mentoring, technical guidance and/or training in daily activities.
• Develop, implement and monitor execution and adoption of the segment strategy including regional policies, education activities, processes, procedures and reinforcement (through monitoring) of
• Ability to manage customers/stakeholders internal and external to the organisation.
• Review and evaluate customer contracts / deals
• Plan, prioritise and implement adoption and engagement activities
• Ensure the necessary resources and tools are available
• Handle complex and escalated issues
• Monitor accuracy of reporting and database information
• Co-ordinate and contribute to RFP related projects and initiatives
• Identify and address training and coaching needs
What we need from you
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, or related field (required)
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration (preferred but not required)
• 10+ years Business Management experience
• Hospitality Industry experience (preferred but not required)
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, PPT
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Application:
• Ability to motivate and direct a matrixed team
• Ability to problem solve and diffuse tense situations using various conflict resolution techniques.
• Excellent computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Ability to create queries and reports in Excel
• Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organisation.
• Ability to effectively multi-task and make progress against multiple tasks.
• Willingness to learn new skills e.g. new applications, attend training courses
• Able to plan, prioritise and organise proactively.
• Displays a professional and positive attitude toward work and stakeholder
• Self-starter, self-motivated and reliable work ethic and record.
What we offer
We like to believe we offer a unique culture, where there’s inclusivity yet room to be yourself. When hard work pays off, it’s positive to know you’re appreciated.
Alongside our great working environment (currently virtual/remote working environment), we’ll offer you a strong package firstly including an industry competitive salary, an annual bonus, healthcare and incredible worldwide hotel discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, IHG is committed to providing a working culture that values diversity and inclusion and is committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a barrier-free recruitment process.
Closing date for applications: 4th December 2020